Support mirrors earlier campaign polling
Cleveland, OH - Sixteen current Renacci for Governor grassroots chairs announced their support for Mike Gibbons for U.S. Senate in the last 24 hours. Their support comes shortly after Josh Mandel announced he was no longer running for the Senate seat. The support of Renacci chairs for Gibbons is in line with polling the campaign has done indicating a strong preference for a conservative outsider over a member of Congress.
"Voters are smart and can see right through opportunistic, career politicians," Gibbons general consultant Mike Biundo said. "That's why conservative outsider Mike Gibbons is best positioned to win the Republican primary and to defeat liberal career-politician Sherrod Brown in November."
Previous polling for the Gibbons campaign indicated that Republican primary voters preferred a businessman and outsider who has never held elected office before over a current Member of Congress 61%-12%.
Gibbons recently announced that he was personally committing another $5 million if needed to defeat Sherrod Brown.
The Renacci chairs for Gibbons are:
1. Nathaniel Huff - Adams County
2. Roger Saddler - Brown County
3. Cory Ross - Butler County
4. Jim Rosendahl - Fayette County
5. Tiki Ferrell - Gallia County
6. Ethan Buford - Green County
7. Asher Peck - Vinton County
8. Patrick Powell - Hocking County
9. Lisa Shields - Pike County
10. Austin Kaiser - Warren County
11. Karen Stockham - Pickaway County
12. Alysha Johnson - Hamilton County
13. Christopher Klima - Allen County
14. Rebecca Keller-Hardin
15. Ryan Sawyer-Huron
16. Dan Noftz -Sandusky